Sunday, December 15, 2013

Chicken Enchiladas

This is my go-to favorite Mexican food!
I order it every single time I eat out in Texas.
I've cooked it for every Slovene friend.
I love it.
This is my Mom's chicken enchilada recipe. Like most "Tex-Mex" Enchiladas, the sauce has a delicious, sour cream base (some restaurants just use a sour cream and chicken broth mix). But Mom's recipe is a bit more flavorful. I feel like we eat enchiladas at least 3 times a month! :)

When I lived in the US, I would buy frozen, pre-cooked fajita meat and use it in recipes like this. It saved time and added a nice flavor! I do prefer chicken breast fajita meat. But now we typically use shredded chicken instead.


Chicken Enchiladas

- chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (or substitute- I substitute milk & mushroom soup mix)
- 8 oz. of sour cream (or more if you prefer)
- taco seasoning (to taste. I use about 1/2 a package)
- boiled, shredded chicken (or chicken fajita meat)

- tortillas
- cheese

Boil your chicken earlier in the day (or earlier in the week!) and shred the meat.
(For 2 people, I only use the meat from about 1/4 of a chicken.)


Heat the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and taco seasoning on the stove.
After the sauce comes to a boil, fill your tortillas with meat, cheese, and sauce.
Once you have a full pan of enchiladas (2-4 per person), cover with more sauce and a thick layer of cheese.

Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese melts.


No comments:

Post a Comment