Sunday, July 14, 2013

Chicken Marsala

This is one of my favorites to eat at Olive Garden, but this was my first attempt at making it at home.
This recipe is another one from my new cookbook! It was easy and delicious! The chicken broth or wine sauce keeps the chicken very tender, and makes a great, flavorful sauce for the pasta.




Chicken Marsala
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- flour
- salt, pepper, other spices (parsley, rosemary, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- a fresh chopped garlic clove (or dry garlic)
- mushrooms (I used canned mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine or chicken broth (I used chicken broth)
- pasta 

1. Coat each chicken breast with flour, salt, and pepper. 
(The original recipe said to pound each chicken breast... but I like mine fat and juicy, so I left the chicken breasts as they came.)


2. Heat olive oil in a skillet. In another pan, start boiling the pasta of your choice. 

3. Saute garlic, mushrooms, and spices in olive oil for 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook 5-8 minutes.

4. Add wine or chicken broth. Cook 5-10 minutes longer, until chicken is no longer pink.

5. Serve with pasta.



No comments:

Post a Comment